SoM

Westin Holtz - student of the month


   During 7th period of March 1st, Westin Holtz was announced as the student of the month,  he was nominated by his Biology teacher Ms. Ramos for his hard work in that class.

Westin, a freshman Bowie athlete was chosen for student of the Month due to his determination and focus in his freshman regular Biology class.

“My favorite class is biology because I really like my teacher Ms. Ramos.” Westin Holtz said.
Ms. Ramos was impressed with Westin’s determination to learn and how focused he was in her class.

“ He is one of my favorite students, he had a really good mindset and tries his best everyday. That’s all I can ask for in a student.” Ms. Ramos said.

Westin’s reaction to learning he was student of the month he was confused.

“ I was really surprised and excited, I wasn’t expecting to win at all.” said Westin.

Another teacher that pushed for Westin’s win, was Coach Nielsen the freshmen pe teacher and co-coach of the track and field team.

“ Westin is a real PE star, he has great potential for track and field. I vouched for him cuase I think that he really deserves to have a win. He works so hard and is good at what he puts his mind to.” Coach Nielsen said.

Next year, Westin plans on following his coaches advice.

“I like playing sports” Holtz said. “I plan on doing track and field next year.”

Another one of Westin’s favorite sports is skateboarding, which he does alot of outside of school.
“My ideal day would be going to Venice beach in California and skateboarding.” said Holtz.
Ray Kroll, a fellow skateboarder noticed Holtz’s skill at a local park and admired his skills.
“That guy is really good” Ray said. “ I mean he was really skilled with the board, like he knew all the tricks and stuff. Also he’s really cool about letting other people cut in front of him.”

Westin is a really good guy with a good personality and would like to thank everyone for his winning of student of the month.

“ I would like to thank my biology teacher, Ms. Ramos for helping me through all the hard times.” Westin said.

Comments

Popular Posts